Sunday 4 September 2011

Uncle Toms cabin ?


Being on somewhat of a ACW  roll at the moment I  finally got this Perry cabin finished.


It was purchased about 3 years ago from a modelshop in Porthmadog in N. Wales and has been languishing in a cupboard since then . Its based on General Meade's H.Q. at Gettysburg. About 17 years ago I visited the battlefield of Gettysburg and can remember sheltering from the blazing sun on the porch of this building.


It was a bit fiddly to put together but looks the part when finished.


I mounted it on a piece of thin MDF , it comes with several sections of fencing which I decided not to use with this model and only added 2 sections of garden fencing to pretty it up . The Perry's do a store adaption to this kit as well although I have not seen this yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment